Past Boztography

12 July 2012

Pigeon River at dusk in Smoky Mountain National Park

I climbed down a large embankment under a bridge while wearing slacks and slick sole dress shoes to snag this shot and several others.  This was a quick stop in between meetings in Charlotte, NC and Knoxville, TN.  Although Interstate 40 was just 100 yards away I couldn't hear the traffic over the sound of the river.  Most memorable was how monumentally crisp the air felt and how clean it smelled down in the river bottom.  Circumstances dictated that I couldn't stay long which is probably good since no one on the planet knew where I was and I really couldn't see much in the dark on my way back up the embankment.


4 sec @ f/10
12mm

Here is the debris-filled embankment I climbed through to get to the river.


No comments:

Post a Comment